30’s Model biler
During the late 30s LEGO had produced sleek cars with tin wheels in 3 different sizes. The middle size one with extend-sides and the example in LEGO Archives have the logo (starts from 1936) in its bottom.
Sharing some examples from TLG and collectors’ collections.
A smallest type with solid cabin exist which not show here and BRIO also made that type with different side painting during 50s.
- 1. Middle size – Idea House
- 2. Middle size – B. Jensen
- 3. Middle one with 1936 logo – TLG
- 4. 1936 LEGO logo – TLG
- 5. big size – Idea House
- 6. Vault pic Hans Lund took in 1955
- 7. Small size (red) – Paul (Minibillund)
- 8. Small size (blue) – Idea House
- 9. Small size (blue) – Daniel
- 10. Bottom look of small one – Daniel/TLG
[Original post and comments on Flickr.]