This mold was made by a revision of the older V mold. The stud holes have been closed. The mold pip locations show that the position numbers were no longer in order, numbers 7 and 12 have been replaced by a number 40 and an unmarked brick.
Logo: Modern logo
Inner ribs: none
Inner tubes: with rounded bottom
Flowrib / center line inside top surface: Yes.
Mold pip: just above the center on the short side.
Mold numbers: V
Mold position numbers:
- 1 to 6, 8 to 11, 13 to 16, 40 and one unmarked brick
- Number 7 is replaced by the unmarked brick, number 12 is replaced by number 40.
- Numbers 1 to 8 and 40 are on the left, 9 to 16 on the right.
- The 3 is inverted on both number 3 and 13.
Intellectual property protection: Pat. pend.
Colors known: Several non-production colors.
Remarkable features: Closed stud holes.
- Like so many of the odd bricks… why were these made?
[Original post and comments on Flickr.]